Bull's Head Inn, Beaumaris
The original Ye Olde Bulls Head Inn was built in 1472 although some of the cellar walls are thought to date from medieval times. A Grade II listed building, The Bull has played a pivotal role in the development of the town over the centuries. Cromwell’s General Mytton commandeered the Inn during the English Civil War: in complete contrast, it became one of Anglesey’s first legally recorded Quaker meeting houses during the 18th century. Novelist Charles Dickens and
the diarist Dr Samuel Johnson are just two of its famous past guests.




The image on this page is © Dave Roberts



[Home] [Artists] [Arts & Crafts] [Buildings] [Entertainers] [Events] [Famous Welsh] [Food & Drink] [Journalists] [Musicians] [Places] [Politicians] [Products] [Songs] [Sport] [Symbols] [Writers] [Welsh Info] [Welsh Produce] [About Us] [Vox Pop] [Our Sponsors] [Contact Us] [Facebook Fans] [Welsh News] [Welsh Shop]

All copyrights acknowledged with thanks to Wikipedia. Another site by 3Cat Design 2006-2009
Whilst we try to give accurate information, we accept no liabilty for loss or incorrect information listed on this site.
If you do spot a mistake, please let us know.