Boys With X Ray Eyes
Boys With X Ray Eyes are a Metal quintet hailing from Newport, South Wales. Playing shows around both Wales and the United Kingdom has earned them recognition and they are becoming one of the UK's best unsigned rock bands, because of this, numerous British and American bands have asked them to provide support for their gigs. BWXE will shortly be writing new material for a sophomore album.
Boys With X Ray Eyes first started out in the midst of 2006, when five friends realised they all had what it took to enslave the Welsh Nation with a face full of Metal madness. After sitting down and discussing what approach BWXE should take, they were soon up and ready guitars blazing. All five of them had different talents to bring to the foundations of the band. The 2007 demo shows a various range of styles, from heavy, blood thirsty riffs, to the lighter, melodic harmonising choruses. After Realising this was an advantage, the boys played a few shows at the likes of the Dolls House and TJ's. The tearing riffs, intense vocals and hard hitting drums immediately grabbed public attention leading to a review in NP Life and Metal Hammer's 'upcoming' section.
Most of 2007 was spent in the studio, creating tracks for a demo album. After laying all the tracks down the band realised it was time to finalise the album. Kris and Dario flew over to Seattle, Washington to produce the album with a few of Dario's family members, who had great experience and skill in music producing. Once the album was completed, it was time to get back to playing the local scene. After all members were back and geared up, they held an album launch party at the Barfly in Cardiff, album sales neared the 1000 mark along with a load of merchandise sales. After their album launch, they played a few shows around Wales and then decided to branch out further into the UK. The main purpose of the demo album was to get to grips with the unique BWXE sound and in what direction the band was heading. Unfortunately due to complications, Bassist Norman Loder had to leave the band toward the end of 2007, leaving BWXE without a bassist. After speaking to long time friend Lewis Hornsby, they decided to ask him if he would be BWXE's full time bass player, to which he accepted.
2008 saw BWXE playing shows all over the United Kingdom, after a lot of gigs, BWXE decided to create an EP. The EP contained a mix of fresh tracks and remixes from the demo album, which was launched at one of their gigs. From the intense gigs played, a massive reputation was built, and they were known as Wales' top unsigned band, along with the likes of the The Guns, because of this Johnny Truant decided to snap them up as their Welsh leg support for their 'No Tears for the Creatures' Tour, which was reviewed in Kerrang! maganazine's 'live' section in July 2008. They also provided support for The Fall of Troy.
BWXE plan to finish off their remaining 2008 gigs and set off on their first ever UK tour in 2009. After completing their tour, the boys plan to head back to the studio to write new material for their sophomore album with fresh material and revamped tracks from their 2008 demo, with a release date of summer 2009. Along with the album a new line of merchandise will be created and put on sale.
- Boys With X Ray Eyes (Heavy Lies the Crown (2007)
- 1. Saturday Night Special
- 2. Play Misty for Me
- 3. Electro the Human Lightning Bolt
- 4. Sickest Bar in Town
- 5. Tears to Glory
- 6. Pride Comes Before the Fall
- 7. Rise Robots Rise
- 8. Heavy Lies the Crown
- 9. We're Burning Daylight
- 10. The Kid Stays in the Picture
- 11. Daddy Lights a Rocket
- Boys With X Ray Eyes EP (2008)
- Studio Album (2009)
- Members of BWXE are good friends with fellow Welsh Bands The Guns, The Blackout the late Jump the Underground and Kids in Glass Houses.
- Lead Guitarist Kristian Richards has a profound fondness for Tattoos.
- Drummer Phil Edwards has introduced his younger brother John Edwards to the band, lending temporary vocals to various tracks.
- BWXE were voted 3rd best unsigned band in the United Kingdom - Kerrang! Magazine.
- BWXE provided support for Distort Entertainment's metal band Johnny Truant on the welsh leg of their 'No Tears for the Creatures' tour.
- BWXE have provided support and shared the stage with a legendary list of bands that include: The Fall of Troy, Johnny Truant, Shaped by Fate, Skindred, The Architects, Glamour of the Kill and Scars of Tomorrow.