Llawhaden Castle (Welsh: Castell Llawhaden) is a castle in the Pembrokeshire village of Llawhaden and 3 miles est of Wiston in south west Wales. The site is owned and managed by Cadw.
Llawhaden Castle GateIt was built by the bishops of the Diocese of St David between the 12th and 14th centuries. The first castle on the site was constructed in 1115 by Bishop Bernard. Only the moat and the earth bank from this period survive. The vast majority of the ruins seen today, date from the latter construction commissioned by Bishop Adam de Houghton between 1362 and 1389. This was much grander, with two suites of residences situated on the first floor. The impressive gate house was probably added at a later date.