SA1 Swansea Waterfront
SA1 Swansea Waterfront (colloquially: SA1) is the marketing name given to the brownfield development area located in northern part of Swansea Docks. The area is located directly to the southeast of Swansea city centre. It is bordered by the Fabian Way to the north and covers the Prince of Wales Dock area.
The development will be a commercial and residential mix. The forecast outputs are 2900 new jobs, about 2000+ new apartments and houses, 65,000 m² (700,000 sq ft) of business/offices; 29,000 m² (312,000 sq ft) of commercial leisure; 26,400 m² (284,200 sq ft) of hotel development; 23,200 m² (249,700 sq ft) of institutional facilities; 1,015 m² (10,930 sq ft) of on shore marina facilities.
As of October 2008, completed projects include: 
- two Swansea Technium business innovation centres developed jointly by the Welsh Development Agency and Swansea University to encourage more high-tech companies to locate or start up in the city;
- bespoke offices for UK law firm Morgan Cole;
- Admiral Group House (nee Cyprium) office complex leased by Admiral Insurance;
- Ellipse: 55,000 sq ft (5,100 m2) speculative Grade A office development by Babcock and Brown leased by VOSA;
- Ethos Project Office complex; and
- Langdon House: 42,000 sq ft (3,900 m2) offices by Broadhall Wharfedale.
- Altamar: 158 residential apartments by Bellway Homes;
- Llys Hafan: 54 affordable housing units by Gwalia Housing Group;
- Mariner's Court: 79 Retirement apartments by Coastal Housing Group
Mixed and other developments
- the dismantling and reassembly of the Grade II Listed Norwegian Church;
- J Shed warehouse converted into commercial space including offices and restaurants;
- Waterfront Community Church;
- De Vere Village Hotel and Leisure Club; and
- a dental referral centre.
- Sail Bridge; and
- Trafalgar Bridge over the Swansea barrage.
Projects under construction or in the pipeline include:
- South Quay: 165 residential apartments by Quest Properties;
- Ice House bistro wine bar and restaurant complex;
- a private hospital;
- Harbour Square: 400 apartments and seven retail units in the development by Korean firm CoDA;
- new lock tidal basin connecting the Prince of Wales Dock directly with the River Tawe and berthing for 400 boats;
- Discovery Leisure Quarter, scheduled to accommodate a multiplex cinema/bowling/casino/restaurant unit together with residential and affordable/student accommodation. A multi storey car park is also part of the plan.
- The Moorings: 91 1,2 and 3 bedroom apartments by Howard and Palmer in the new Ice House Square;
- 66 affordable homes overlooking the Prince of Wales's Dock by Coastal Housing Group;
- 63,000sqft of commercial space by Waterstone Estates, including a 132 bed hotel for Whitbread Group and a Tesco Express store;
- plus a range of office developments and affordable housing.
A war memorial is located in the Square between the two Technium buildings commemorating the Merchant seamen of Swansea during World War II.